CRM. It’s more than a buzz word. It’s more than just the stock ticker symbol for Salesforce. Simply put, you can manage your customers and report on them from one system. Salesforce is the most powerful tool to a business that is dedicated to its customers. Why, because you know what you need to know when you need to know it which delights your customers. Your customers feel your since of dedication.
So, how do you know if your organization would benefit or even need Salesforce? Let’s look at some compelling reasons:
- Your customer information is not consolidated to one location
Do you use multiple systems to record your customer’s contact information and order information? Are your sales teams using sticky notes all over their monitors? Are you using multiple spreadsheets to track prospective calls, customer to-do items, and emails? If you are then you are at a disadvantage because you are not able to report performance quickly for rapid decision making and your competitor may have an advantage over you.
- Your visibility into your Sales Team is foggy
Without an organized workflow process into one system, your insight into your sales team is like an early morning fog over a river. You can’t see what great things may be happening or not from the Post-It notes and great meetings that may be taking place. Your middle-of-the-pack sales reps and new hires may be having some great meetings and progress with a prospect but it can’t be properly captured and reported in a timely manner.
- Creating your weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reports take too much time and too many people to produce
If your back-office team is consumed with trying to get information to leadership related to deals and forecasts, then their time is not getting optimized and decision making is at risk and delayed. Your customer is left hanging in the wings on your decisions for moving policy, product, and service at the fastest and highest quality.
- You are suffering from lost opportunities and can’t get a handle on where the losses are occurring
Your messaging and pitch are getting delivered out of a shot gun barrel to your prospects and customers without regard to their identified needs and timing of those needs. Your marketing efforts are not dialed in to the specific opportunities and the sales activities are not matched up to identified demands.
- Your ability to grow your business optimally does not exist because of a lack of scalability of a refined effort
If your business rate of growth were to jump from 4% to 30%, what effect would it have on your operations? Could you meet the demand? Could you measure the performance and could you predict the outcome?
If you can envision these types of scenarios and match them into your organization to come up with some answers, then ask yourself if you had a CRM system like Salesforce how could you better optimize your performance. Let’s look at some key attributes in your organization where improvements would be made using Salesforce:
- Managing the velocity of your deals
Focusing on the “tipping point” activity, those activities that drive a deal to the next step are always a challenge in any organization. Without an organized approach that has insight for your leadership to determine if the activity is adhering to your policies and needs of the customer, you can run a stray in many areas like:
- Scoring a prospect’s readiness to do business
- Inadequate or inaccurate information about a specific attribute of a prospect
- Proper timing and message to a prospect
- Lack of timely reporting and decision making on deal progress
Having a system optimized to carry out these executables in your organization using a system like Salesforce will keep you from achieving your vision and adversely affect cash flow.
- Maximizing your sales team’s time with their prospects and customers
The key to sales growth is spending time, quality time, with their constituents. Even if they are long time employees having the ability to track, report, and be guided is critical to your operational flow and cash projections. Salesforce enables this for your organization in many ways but here are some of the critical means:
- Having a single repository for data input that can be accessed from anywhere is vital to the input and reduce redundant data capture
- Workflow automation of mundane tasks will reduce the overhead required on a deal thus increasing the deal velocity
- Providing mobile access in the field as well as in their office allows for timely input without delays
- Salesforce’s Artificial Intelligence in Account-Based Management enables highly-valued experiences for your customers
Knowing the critical timing of events about your customers is key in the markets today. We are encumbered with so much information that is spewing across the digital landscape that needs to be extrapolated into meaningful, quantifiable information that you must react faster for your customer to push deals through and recognize when a new one is formulating. Using the AI tool in Salesforce, Einstein, can provide these key benefits to your sales team:
- Automatic creation and capture of information about the most important events that lead to new deals from prospects or customers
- Accurate information gathered from the use of Einstein will produce more effective and accurate sales forecasts
- Dissimilate news and other events related to your prospects and customers to craft marketing opportunities to them automatically
- Decrease the time it takes to update basic information about your customers and spend more time on analyzing the information for opportunity
Building your case for Salesforce or improving Salesforce if you already use it takes dedication for continuous improvement in your organization by focusing on these key areas:
- Building repeatable, sustainable actions that can be measured in Salesforce that match your organization’s mission, objectives, and core values
- Creating a culture where adoption of Salesforce and its features are known to make a difference for your customers and your customer’s customer
- Build standard Dashboards for the key metrics that your leadership established policy around to demonstrate performance improvement
- Creation of a plan that can be followed that prioritizes the steps to take in Salesforce that all of the organization can get behind to support, take action toward, and improve for the benefit of the customer and to the delight of your people
Taking this approach in your organization will mean that you are truly dedicated to the betterment of your customers and your team. It’s hard work but it will make a difference and provide significant competitive advantage in your market. We would love to help you and answer any questions that you may have with your CRM strategy in Salesforce. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any questions or additional information that you may need.